Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Review for Unfaithful by Elisa S. Amore - 5 out of 5 stars!




SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS -

DESPERATE DECISIONS
A Secret that Should Never Have Been Revealed

A dark reality lies hidden under our very eyes.
Since their creation, the Màsala have enforced the destiny of humankind on Earth through the Subterraneans, Angels condemned to carry the weight of death on their shoulders in order to please Fate. Evan, a Subterranean, has denied his own nature in order to protect Gemma, the girl he was sent to kill and with whom he has fallen hopelessly in love.
But what are the consequences of cheating Death?
Five months have gone by since her last encounter with Death, and in spite of having experienced the most intense period of happiness in her life at Evan's side, Gemma's instinct reminds her that the game is far from over. Evan, overconfident, lets his guard down, revealing an unmentionable secret—an error that can be paid for only with blood. Death returns to claim Gemma, sending its faithful servants to kill her. Desperate, Evan will do anything to save her, but the menace will seek them out even where they feel safest . . .
The challenge between passion and death will pit the protagonists against each other. In the face of jealousy, betrayal, and emotional devastation, Evan and Gemma find it isn’t easy to escape their fate.



MY REVIEW -


I loved this! It is super sappy with deep declarations of undying love, and I thought it was all wonderful. Gemma and Evan are absolutely adorable together, and their relationship is so sweet, and their actions towards each other are breathtaking. The way they feel about each other is soul deep, and I as a reader I could feel how much love they have for each other. Their love is beyond amazing to read about. Gemma and Evan have so much to deal with, and I really enjoyed seeing their relationship grow throughout Unfaithful, and how much they trust and rely on each other. I think Amore did an excellent job of writing the descriptions for setting the scenes; especially the Eden scenes, and I felt I could fully visualize that mystical world, and the love scenes were written beautifully.

Unfaithful pretty much picks up right after the events in the first book, Touched, left off, Gemma and Evan are together after Evan and his "family" brought back Gemma from being dead, and they are trying to be happy, but both are weary because Death may still be after Gemma. Unfaithful focuses a lot on the relationship between Gemma and Evan, about how they feel about each other, and finding a way to stay together. There is a lot of steamy make-out sessions, and words of deep devotion to each other, and the words they say to each other just make me melt with the intense connection they have with each other. I found it extremely romantic, and as I said earlier it is definitely sappy, so if you don't like that type of thing you have been warned. This book is pretty much YA, but it does border on being an NA book for me at times because of the steam factor of some of the scenes.

Gemma is experiencing some strange things and "accidents" keep happening to her, and there were a couple times that I was like "Come on, Guys! How do you not know what's up!", and I also thought the group didn't really use their brains in certain situations! The whole fiasco at the end could have been easily avoided if the group gave it some actual thought; they were terrible planners, lol. I'm thinking there's something up with Gemma, and I would have thought the Witches would be shown more in Unfaithful, but we don't get many answers in this book, and of course, there is a huge cliffhanger! So, now I need the next book ASAP! I still love the idea of the whole Angel of Death in love scenario, and I'm really looking forward to learning more about Evan's world. I gave the first book in this series 4 stars, but I was a little harsh in my review because I felt Gemma lost herself too much and I felt she was rude to her so-called friends, but I think she was better in this book; that might be because she wasn't around her "friends" too much, but I'm putting it in the win category anyway. There's also something in the end that I'm not crazy about, but I am interested to see how it progresses.

I love the world Amore creates with her writing. I think there are some unique and interesting aspects to this series, and I am really excited to continue with this series! I need the next book now!

No comments:

Post a Comment