Thursday, June 9, 2016

Review for Catching Summer by L.P. Dover - 4 out of 5 stars



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS -

Falling for someone can be dangerous, especially when someone wants to take them away from you. But what happens when fighting for the one you love could cost them their life?

For over two years, Summer Jacobs has tried to get her life back on track. A former nurse and now a prestigious restaurant owner, she’s living the dream just like her husband wanted. After watching him get killed in the MMA ring and almost losing her life herself, it left a scar on her soul. The thought of moving on scares her, but the local NFL star, Evan Townsend, is determined to catch her heart.

Forced to work with him and the football team, Summer succumbs to his relentless attempts at capturing her heart. He has the power to heal her, but there’s someone out there who wants to keep them apart. Even if it means getting rid of Evan permanently. Summer is being chased by hidden dangers and it’s up to Evan to catch her. The question is . . . will he get to her in time?


MY REVIEW -


I haven't read any of Dover's books previous, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I ended up enjoying Catching Summer. Summer has had a tough go of it since her husband was murdered and she was forced to watch, and after being in therapy for years, she's finally in a place where she feels to is ready to start moving forward with her life. Evan is a pro football player, who has had feelings for Summer for awhile now, but was warned away from pursuing Summer by her sister because Summer was still in a fragile state, so he's held off, but now that Summer is ready to move forward, she and Evan begin a relationship. I did feel like their relationship progressed a little too fast, but I thought they were really sweet together, and Evan treated Summer really well. The intimate scenes were quick, but steamy, and I like that they don't play games with each other; both of them are honest when things come up in their lives that would cause tension if withheld, so that is definitely refreshing. As the couple continues to grow together, someone has it out for Evan, and is causing complications in his life. I had a feeling who was after Evan from early on in the book, but I still liked the mystery of the storyline, and was surprised how far the events actually went. I enjoyed Summer and Evan together; they were adorable! I do look forward to reading more by Dover, and although Lara, Summer's twin sister, didn't quite click with me, I'm interested to see how her story progresses, and I'd like to read the previous book about Kate and Cooper, so I'll definitely have to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment