Monday, June 13, 2016

Review for This One Moment by Stina Lindenblatt - 4 out of 5 stars





SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS -

When Nolan Kincaid skipped town to chase the music career of his dreams, he knew he wouldn’t miss the reminders of his broken family—he wasn’t so sure he could forget the girl he left behind. Now his band is touring nonstop, the recording sessions go all night, and the groupies are crazed. But when he hears that Hailey Wilkins is in trouble, he drops everything.

Hailey thought she’d missed her chance with Nolan. Five years ago, the moment she realized she loved him was the moment he decided to leave. Now, when a brutal assault lands her in the ICU, Nolan flies straight to her bedside, acting like nothing’s changed. What’s a rock star like him doing, canceling shows and risking his record deal, just to nurse an old friend back to health? And why should Hailey believe he’ll stay this time?

With her attacker still at large, Nolan’s ready to rise to the occasion. He knows he let Hailey down once before, but he’s ready to give her everything, heart and soul—and he’ll fight for the chance to prove it.


MY REVIEW -

MINOR SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed the majority of the book, and I only knocked a star off because I'm not a huge fan of the whole rock star scenario, and I normally pass on those books, but after reading the synopsis, I decided to give this one a shot. I was hoping the rock star thing wouldn't be a big part of the story because I can't stand the whole groupie thing, and although there is some of that in this book, it wasn't too bad. I didn't like the whole publicity stunt the record company was pulling, and I also didn't like that Nolan and Hailey weren't very particular about all the people they slept with when they were apart; I'm not into characters that sleep around, it's just not something I want to read about. So, despite those couple of things, I really liked the rest of the book. Nolan is a rock star, who had a family tragedy a few years back, so he left his hometown and left his best friend, Hailey; who he is in love with, behind without telling her how he feels, and he completely ignores any attempt by her to get in touch with him because he can't handle what happened with his family; he even has trouble remembering the event. Nolan receives a call that Hailey has been attack, so he returns to his hometown to be there for her. Hailey has amnesia from the attack and the police are stilling trying to find out who attacked her, so Nolan stays in town to help Hailey out. I liked the mystery of figuring out who attacked Hailey, and I do think the romance was sweet; although, I wanted Hailey to give Nolan a bit more of a hard time about leaving like he did. I like how protective Nolan was, and how he was there when Hailey needed him, but I wasn't totally happy that Nolan let the record company make some decisions for him, but I suppose that's the business; lame. I also enjoyed the storyline of Nolan having to deal with what happened with his family. I think I will check out other book by Stina Lindenblatt because although I didn't love somethings about this book, I enjoyed the writing, and I was entertained the through the whole book.

No comments:

Post a Comment