Thursday, July 28, 2016

Review for The Bad Boy Wants Me by Georgia Le Carre & Laura Jack - 3 out of 5


SYNOPSIS -


Tori.

Cash Hunter is the sexiest bad boy Brit on the planet!

Yeah, he's famous, tattooed, and ridiculously hunk-a-licious, but he's also filthy-mouthed, cocky, crude, and a dyed in the wool womanizer.

And now he wants me! I've said, no, constantly, but apparently he doesn't take no for an answer. Everywhere I turn he seems to be around with those smoldering hot, seductive green eyes.
OMG, the air is crackling with sexual chemistry and I don't know how long I can resist.

Cash.

In my world, girls don't say no. Everybody wants a piece of Cash Hunter. It's use and get used, and it suits me just fine.

But all Tori Diamond gives me is sass, and fucking more sass. I'm a player, I don't chase pussy, but damn if I can't stop thinking about that feisty, wildcat beauty. She turns me on so fucking bad it hurts. Fine. She's a challenge but I'm game.
She can pretend to resist me as much as she likes. We both know that act won't last.

First, I'll make her beg for me, then I'll make her mine...


MY REVIEW -

*Book provided to me for an honest review*

So....this book isn't really my type of thing, but I was entertained through the whole book and there were moments that I enjoyed. I'm not into the whole bad boy musician scenario, the screwing tons of women, beyond cocky attitude, and just the whole scene of fake people is just not an appealing read for me, so the whole beginning of this book I was struggling to continue, but once that stuff wasn't as featured in the story, I started to enjoy the developing relationship between Cash and Tori. Tori works for Cash's sister, and Tori tries to not fall for Cash, but she can't help herself, and with Cash doing his best to get in her pants, she doesn't have a shot of resisting. I don't really see what Tori sees in Cash in the beginning because I found him to be quite the douchebag, but they do have sweet and fun moments that I liked, and the characters do have layers to their personalities that begin to show a more real side to them. That's kind of an underlining thing in this book, the characters have a persona they project to hide how they are really feeling, and once those personas are dropped, it was nice to see some depth to the characters. So, there is lots of sex in this book, and it's pretty dirty, but I don't feel like it was too much because the scenes didn't drag on, and I enjoyed them. Tori and Cash also have some great banter between them, and they do have great chemistry. I do feel like Cash sort of changed his tune rather fast in regards to his party lifestyle, and because of it I was having a hard time believing Tori and Cash's connection, but I did end up liking how their relationship developed. I enjoyed the writing, and I liked the humor throughout the book. I also think having the dual POV's really helped pull the story together, and made Cash's character easier to feel for. I feel like my rating would have been higher if this story were more my thing, so I do recommend it because the writing was good and I'm sure there are plenty of people who enjoy the bad boy musician thing more than I do. So, if that's your thing, give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment