Thursday, July 14, 2016

Review for Blown Away by Brenda Rothert - 4 out of 5



SYNOPSIS -

One year after her fiancé died in a heartbreaking accident, Drew McGovern decides to honor his memory by joining his old storm-chasing buddies on their latest excursion. What she’s not so sure about, however, is whether she’s ready to move on. Drew wasn’t expecting to feel the powerful pull of desire toward Colby’s best friend. But there’s no denying the intensity of their connection . . . or the heat he inspires in the parts of her that are still very much alive.

Aiden O’Neal doesn’t trust himself around Drew. He’s wanted this girl for a long time—long enough to remember the stab of jealousy he felt the first time he saw her in Colby’s arms. Now he’s trying his best to behave himself. But when the wind starts blowing and the adrenaline starts pumping, Aiden can’t resist the urge to claim Drew as his own. Because when it comes to desire, he’s hoping to make lightning strike twice.


MY REVIEW -

I loved the majority of this book, and it would have been a 5 rating, but it had something in it that I just hate! And it almost ruins a book for me, and if I had read a review that said this book had that thing, I probably wouldn't have read the book. I'm going to go ahead and say what it was because it sucks and I don't see why the author chose to put it in the book because it really doesn't accomplish anything except to get on the reader's nerves. Okay, so a spoiler is coming up.......SPOILER.......Spoiler

The male lead has sex with another woman! Descriptive sex! Some random waitress he meets at a bar! And the female lead sees it, and enjoys watching it! So gross! Then she wants to have sex with him pretty much the next day! That just doesn't do it for me! I hate that so much! Normally, I would rate books with that type of thing even lower than I ended up rating this one and I did turn my feelings off a bit after that scene, and was having a hard time enjoying the rest of the book, but eventually I just put it out of my mind and tried to enjoy the other aspects of this story, and luckily, the rest of the book is really good, so I did end up really loving it.

As soon as I saw that they were storm chasers, I was excited! I love the movie Twister, so I was all on board for that, and I really enjoyed those scenes, and I wish there were more of them. Also after that initial problem I had with this book, the romance was really sweet and the sex scenes were hot. Drew has lost her fiancé to an accident, which is in the beginning of the book, so we get to witness some of that, and then the story jumps a year, and Drew is finally ready to move forward with her life, and she runs into one of her fiancé's storm chasing buddies, and decides to go along for some storm chasing. Aiden is another buddy of her fiancé's, who is also a storm chaser, and has felt something for Drew for a long time, but since she was his buddy's girl and he didn't feel like he was good enough, or capable of being the type of man Drew deserves, he hasn't pursued her. Aidan was good at keeping away from Drew, but with her around all the time, he is having a hard time with maintaining his distance from her. Drew hadn't really thought about Aidan in a romantic sense before, but she is now. That was another thing I didn't really care for in this book, the author went into some other stuff about Drew's fiancé, and I just felt like it was unnecessary.

So, despite the couple things I hated, I loved the rest of the book. The storm chasing was interesting and exciting! The romance was hot and sweet! I loved all the characters; pretty much anyway. Also the writing was really good. So, in the end, I'm glad I read this book, and could put that horrible scene out of my mind to enjoy the rest of the book. I would like to read more books by Brenda Rothert; I'll just have to gloss over anymore of those horrible scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment