Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Review for Into Elurien by Kate Sparkes - 5 out of 5!


SYNOPSIS -

When Hazel Walsh discovers a strange key in the attic of the Old Brook Inn, she doesn’t imagine the door it unlocks will lead anywhere special. Though superstitious, she’s never bought into the local stories of fairies, ghosts, and demons. But when she opens the door, she discovers just how wrong she was.

Hazel is dropped into a world in the midst of a revolution, where monsters have overthrown the humans who once enslaved them. All of the humans, that is, except for Verelle, the cruel sorceress who vanished at the moment of Hazel’s arrival. If Hazel wants any chance of surviving and making it back to her own world, she’ll have to join forces with the amalgus Zinian—horned, winged, and monstrously attractive—to unravel the mystery of Verelle’s disappearance. If they can’t, the fates of two worlds will be at stake.


MY REVIEW -

I loved this! This whole series is just so great, and I love reading these books! Into Elurien by Kate Sparkes is part of the Skeleton Key series, where each book is written by a different author, but all stories feature a skeleton key that leads the characters to a unique, interesting world! So much fun to read!

In Into Elurien, Hazel is returning to her hometown after her life hasn't exactly gone according to her plans, so she's a bit aimless, and is sort of dreading being back in her hometown. Hazel ends up at an inn, and discovers a skeleton key in the inn's attic, and once she uses the key she is transported to a world where humans have been enslaving "monsters", but when Hazel arrives the "monsters" are staging an uprising against the humans because of how awful they have been treated by the humans, so Hazel's arrival isn't exactly a welcome thing in the eyes of the "monsters". Also, when Hazel arrived, the evil leader Verelle disappeared, and the "monsters" want revenge upon her for the years and years of servitude she forced on them with magic. Hazel needs to find out a way to survive in this new world she finds herself in, and she needs to decide if she can trust some unique individuals.

Hazel was excellent! I really liked reading in her POV! She thinks things through and she has some feistiness, which I love! And, she handled the whole situation wonderfully, and I loved that she was willing to be open minded, and see the good in things that may be difficult to accept. I love that there are all types of creatures in this new world, and I enjoyed the friendship between Hazel and Auphel; Auphel is a female ogre! The romance was really great and so sweet! I wanted more, but I'm a romance fiend, so I always want more! Zinian is adorably wonderful, and I love that he has wings and horns! I've always loved the sort of anti-hero hero. I love Hazel and Zinian!

Kate Sparkes writing really drew me into the Elurien world, and I was engrossed in the story the whole time, and didn't want to put the book down till I finished! The flow of the story was seamless, and the story felt full and satisfying to me. I am definitely looking forward to reading more books by Kate Sparkes!

No comments:

Post a Comment