Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Review for Lure of Obsession by Lisa Kessler - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS -

The Prophecy - “Every generation the nine daughters of Zeus are reborn, and with their rebirth are also nine Guardians. They will be marked by the gods, and given gifts to protect his treasure. Their abilities will only be unlocked when they find their muse.”

Melanie Jacoby teaches English at Crystal City High School. She’s also the reborn Muse of Tragic Poetry, but she isn’t prepared for the tragedy of finding her roommate dead at the bottom of the stairs.

Nate Malone is the detective assigned to the case, but as the evidence points to an accidental fall, the visions begin. He sees a killer in a gold Kronos mask.

Mel is the next target.

The Order of the Titans are eager to bring about the return of the Golden Age of Man, and they’re prepared to kill the Muses to complete their mission. But Nate’s desire to protect Mel is almost as strong as his hunger for her.

And tragedy isn’t part of his plan.

MY REVIEW -


I'm going to love reading this series! I love the premise of muses being reborn and having guardians! And of course, some type of evil out to get them! So much fun and romance!

Melanie is the first muse's story we get, Melanie is the Muse of Tragic Poetry, and her roommate, who was also a muse, has died. Melanie and the other muses suspect foul play, but the police say it was accidental. Nate Malone is the detective on the scene, and when he meets Melanie strange things begin to change for him. Melanie and Nate begin to feel a pull towards each other, but both have reservations about the situation.

I love that there is a bit of mystery to the story, and I enjoyed the action scenes. Melanie and Nate have great chemistry, and are really sweet with each other. The sex scenes had just the right amount of spice and heat and emotion! Nate was a sweetheart and I liked his need to protect Melanie. Melanie was fun and tough, and I loved that she has a bit of spunk. I love that we get POV's from both Melanie and Nate, but we also get the bad guy's POV, which I would have liked a bit less of, so there was a bit more mystery, but that didn't ruin the story for me. Also, the Maggie situation was a little weird for me, I don't know why it didn't quite mesh with me because it was a sweet aspect, but something about it sat wrong for me, but that also didn't take away from my enjoyment of the rest of the book.

I love the combination of romance and suspense, so I am really looking forward to reading more books in this series! I enjoyed the other muses, and can't wait for their stories and for them to get their own guardians! I also enjoyed the writing, and look forward to reading more books by Lisa Kessler!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reviewing Lure of Obsession!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed the book...

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete