Friday, July 29, 2016

Review for Saven Defiance by Siobhan Davis - 5 out of 5!


SYNOPSIS -


THE TRUTH ISN’T ALWAYS EASY

I’ve promised to protect those I love.
But someone is lying to me.
Will I discover the truth in time to save him?

With war looming in outer space and the Earthen government forced into hiding, the battle for ultimate world domination is only just beginning.

Having accepted her identity, Sadie sets out on a daring quest with her friends, which takes them deep into alien territory. Fraught with tension and danger, the journey is not an easy one, especially when previous adversaries become new allies and cherished friends become suspicious opponents.

As the heirs unite in a bid to restore peace to the galaxy, powerful enemies, determined to exact retribution, surround them on all sides. When hidden agendas and shocking revelations come to light, the fallout is massive.

Sadie’s love life is a tangled, messy affair. While one relationship is embraced forever, another spirals out of control, threatening to destroy everything. Determined to do the right thing, Sadie will fight hard to protect those she loves.

But there are some battles she cannot win.


MY REVIEW -


My mind is blown! Saven Defiance is so damn good! I am just so in love with this series, and once I pick up one of Siobhan Davis' books to read, I can't put it down till I'm finished; sleep be damned! There wasn't anything I disliked about this book, and once I was finished reading, I just felt gobsmacked! There are so many events and revelations in this book! And I am so excited for the next book!

Saven Defiance starts off right where the last book cliff-ended, Sadie has just escaped the Tor with Axton and Izzy, and has been picked up by a surly Haydn and a few other familiar faces, but there is one very important person missing, Logan. Sadie needs to find Logan, and they need to figure out how to stop the war between the different planets, and they need to especially stop Logan's brother Dante, and his desire for universal domination. I love that we get to see multiple planets, and the world building that Siobhan Davis does is really immersive. I love picturing each of the individual planets, and there uniqueness. Sadie is also dealing with the situation with Axton, she's really in a tough spot, but I think she handled herself admirably. I really feel for Axton; despite some of his actions that I don't agree with, I still really feel for him, and understand how devastated he is. I wish there could be 2 Sadies, the current Sadie for Logan, and then Axton's Sadie, so everyone can be happy! You know! Some weird timeline thing! It could happen! I'm still for Logan all the way, and the scenes between Logan and Sadie are just wonderful, and so heartfelt and deep; they make my heart sigh. Their connection is just an amazing thing. Logan is really amazing in this book, and he really shows maturity in a lot of really difficult situations. There are a lot of intense moments in this book, and I was sad that we lose some characters. The deaths make the story seem more real, and the characters are going through some really tough situations, so it's only natural that everyone wouldn't make it, so I understand the need for them, but definitely heart-wrenching! There's tons of action in this book, as the gang tries to gain allies and survive, and I loved it all. I love suspense, and I could feel the anxiousness in my heart as I read.

I love the way this series is unfolding, and I am so excited to read the next book. The writing is amazing, and I love the way Siobhan Davis' tells a story. Saven Defiance has soul deep romance, heart pounding action, amazing characters, gut wrenchingly intense moments, and once you start it, you will be drawn into the story so completely. Okay, sorry if this review was overly gushy, but I just loved it! Definitely read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment