Saturday, August 13, 2016

Review for Never Let You Go by Monica Murphy - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS -

The truth hurts, they say—and my pain cuts deep. While I was falling for Ethan, he was deceiving me the entire time. He held a huge secret, protected by his lies. When I discovered what he was hiding, the truth shook my world, threatening to ruin us forever. Ruin me. But I soon realized that what we share can’t be destroyed.

The connection between us is too strong. It always has been. I can’t deny him any longer. And I can’t deny my truth: I’m in love with Ethan.

I don’t want to let him go.

While we’re trying our best to make this relationship work, other forces are fighting against us. My family, who wants to keep me safe. The media obsessed with my tragic past. The public that feeds off of it. Even Ethan’s father—the man who nearly destroyed me all those years ago. He’s doing his best to finish the job.

Despite my love for Ethan, the doubts creep in, clouding my mind. Is he worth the pain? Will our love survive, or will we have no choice but to end it—end us—once and for all?


MY REVIEW -

*received from Netgalley for a honest review*

This is the 2nd book in the Never Tear Us Apart series duo, and I think you should definitely read the 1st book before reading this book because this book is a continuation of the 1st book, and starts right where the 1st book left off. This review will contain spoilers for the first book.

In the 1st book, Katherine is dealing with being abducted and raped when she was 12 years old. The subject matter is definitely brutal and intense, and Murphy doesn't mince on those tough scenes, so beware if that is something difficult for you to read. It's 8 years later, and Katherine is in therapy and a bit of a recluse, and she decides to do an interview about the ordeal she had to go through. Ethan, who happens to be the son of the man who raped Katherine, sees Katherine on this interview, and decides to find her. Ethan was the one who helped Katherine escape, and they have built up a bond, but they lost touch with each other. Ethan's name use to be Will and he looks a different, so when he finds Katherine, she doesn't know who he is, and Ethan decides not to tell her right away who he is, and of course that causes problems in the end of book 1, when Katherine finds out the truth. This book picks up with Ethan/Will and Katherine broken up because Katherine is very hurt and mad at Ethan/Will, and doesn't trust him anymore. Never Let You Go is about Katherine and Ethan/Will trying to figure out a way to be together, and a way for them to deal with the horrible things that have happened to them when they were younger.

I love how sweet Ethan/Will and Katherine are together! Their connection is so wonderful and sigh worthy! The way Ethan/Will feels for Katherine is really soul deep, and he will do anything to show Katherine how much she means to him. There are some sad moments with how Katherine treats Ethan/Will, but I understand she has issues, and him lying about who he was, wasn't the best way to re-enter her life. She is also scared of how the public will react about her being with Ethan/Will, since he is the son of the man who raped her. I wish she didn't care so much about that, and that she put more thought into some of her decisions because she is still quite naรฏve, but I understand that she has been really sheltered and closed off from the world, so she hasn't developed enough street smarts yet. I was also a bit ticked that she insisted on calling him Will. They both have a lot of issues, and they both do make progress, but they still have a long way to go. I love that we get point of views from both of them; it really helps understand where each of them is coming from. There is also some point of view from Ethan/Will's dad's perspective, and he is just so vile, and of course he is causing problems for Katherine and Ethan/Will. I enjoyed the suspense that was added to this story; I even think it could have been ramped up a bit. I wasn't in love with the addition of a certain something in the end, and also how Katherine reacted earlier in the story about a situation that lead to that additional something at the end, but I didn't let that affect my rating.

I loved both of the books in this series, and I really enjoy Monica Murphy's writing, so I will definitely read more books by her!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great series!! I'm glad you enjoyed it. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete