Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Review for Test Drive by Marie Harte - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS -

GET TO KNOW THE BODY SHOP BAD BOYS
Johnny, Foley, Sam, and Lou are the rough and tumble mechanics of Webster's Garage. These reformed bad boys are used to living fast, but it's the women in their lives who take them from zero to sixty in a heartbeat.

JOHNNY
Johnny Devlin's a charmer with a checkered past. He has had his eye on scorching-hot bartender Lara Valley for ages, but she's rejected him more than once. That doesn't mean he won't come to her aid when some dirt bag mauls her. When she asks him on a date as a no-strings-attached thank you, he can't say no. And then he's saying nothing but hell, yes.


MY REVIEW -

Woo! This was some hot stuff! I can tell I'm going to really enjoy this series! The Body Shop Bad Boys series is about some hot mechanics, who like the ladies a little too much, and aren't necessarily the type of men women want to get serious with, and each book is about one of the crass, but sexy mechanics! Oh, it will be fun to read the bad boys find that one woman to turn their man-slutting ways around, and I am looking forward to that! Test Drive features our first bad boy mechanic, Johnny, and he is definitely a charmer! I loved his humor and he such a sweetheart! Johnny has been crushing on one of the bartenders at the local bar, Lara, but Lara is a woman with standards, and although, she is very attracted to Johnny, his reputation and her busy life; she works full time at the bar and also is in school to become a nurse, plus her family obligations, keep Lara from saying yes to Johnny's advances. Finally, after 4 years! Lara says yes to Johnny, and they definitely spice it up! The sex scenes were definitely scorching hot! They were well written, just the right length, and definitely set my heart a pumping! Lara is great! She's a tough chick with brains and compassion, and I loved Johnny and Lara's banter; they had such excellent chemistry. I also loved the side characters, they all are fun and interesting, and I'm excited to read their books! I also haven't read any other books by Marie Harte yet, and there are some characters from one of her previous series in this book, so I'm excited to read those previous stories. We get POV's from both Lara and Johnny, which was great! There were some things I don't usually like in the books I read, such as the guys pretty much sleeping with who the heck ever; luckily the author doesn't go into detail about that, and there's some strip club stuff going on in this book, which wasn't my favorite, but I loved the characters and the story so much, that those things didn't bother me as much as usual. So, I loved the writing, the romance, the characters, the story, and the steam factor! So, I am definitely ready for the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment