Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Review for Anchor by Nicole Blanchard - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS -

I thought I could save her.

A woman I've never met, whose name I don't even know, gambled her own life to protect my child. In return, she was taken by a mad man.

I'll put my career, my security, and my life on the line to get her back safely, even if it means risking my heart along the way.


MY REVIEW -

I love romantic suspense, so Anchor was just right for me! I loved the characters, the action, and the romance! I loved the flow of the story, and the writing was great! In Anchor, Chloe is boarding a ferry, when she sees a guy with a gun, and Chloe puts herself in risk to save a little girl, and for her trouble she and some other passengers get taken hostage on the ferry. Gabe is the father of the little girl Chloe saved, and since he's thankful, he wants to help save Chloe and the others from the hostage situation, and somehow through this intense situation, a bond and romance begin to brew between Gabe and Chloe. I enjoyed Anchor a lot! Chloe is wonderful and a badass, and Gabe is a sweetheart and also a badass himself. The chemistry was excellent between them, and the sex scenes were very well written and they were hot! The action was great, and I liked the whole premise for the story. The only things I wasn't loving were small things, so they didn't affect my rating. I could have done without the beginning scene with Gabe and his bed partner from the night before, and also the scenes with Gabe and his ex felt a bit too intimate emotionally for my tastes; I'm not sure why, but I felt like if the circumstances were right, they'd fall into bed together again, so I could have done without that as well, and I also would have liked a bit more time spent on the romance and a bit less time on the ferry. I'm glad I read this, and I'm looking forward to reading more from Nicole Blanchard and more books in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment