Saturday, September 10, 2016

Review for Immortalis Carpe Noctem - 3 out of 5



SYNOPSIS -

Bloodlust, fanatical vampire hunters, thousand-year old vendettas, and a pair of sharp, new fangs. Newly-turned vampire, Alyssa got a lot more than she bargained for when Lysander saved her from a pair of rapist on the college campus of UNLV. Immortality is not as pretty as all the books and movies had portrayed it, and Alyssa's having a hard time with the change.


"Becoming a vampire is easy. Living with the condition, that's the hard part."


With danger looming on the horizon and the vampire hunters closing in, Alyssa will have to find the strength to accept this terrifying new reality. There's no turning back now. It's either, Carpe Noctem (seize the night), or final death.


MY REVIEW -


I had a bit of a problem rating this because I really liked the premise and the writing, but the main character got on my nerves! She is very bratty, whiny, and very immature. She's in college, I think it was mentioned she's 25, but she acts like she is frigging 12 years old, so I had a hard time rooting for her. The story starts with Alyssa being attacked and nearly raped by 2 guys, but luckily Lysander saves her, but it is too late for her to go to the hospital, so because Lysander is a vampire, he turns Alyssa into a vampire. Alyssa proceeds to complain and bitch about being a vampire; just being all around annoying. I mean, if he didn't turn you, you would be dead! Stop being so rude! Lysander is aloof and stiff, but I suppose since he is such an old vampire, that's to be expected. There is romance in this book, but I don't really feel the heat yet. So, most of this book is about Alyssa learning about vampires and how to live as one, which I like vampires, so I liked that stuff, and we also get to know some other vampires, but I didn't really care for any of them. I feel like this is a set-up book, so I am really hoping that throughout the series, Alyssa grows as a person and becomes a bad-ass. I liked the action scenes, and I'm glad about what happened with Kallisto because I didn't want that to drag out. Despite not loving this, I feel like this series could really turn into something great, so I am looking forward to reading the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment