Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Review for Princess of the Damned by Wendy Knight - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS -

Landon has never seen his own reflection. He saw hers instead. He grew up watching this girl in the mirror grow with him. Grew up memorizing every feature, every movement, every horror she endured. He can see into her palace, into the darkness she’s trapped in.
When he was little, he told his parents about her. They thought she was an imaginary friend, and they humored him.
But she didn’t go away.
And when Landon was seventeen, he fell in love with her.
She is a captive of the Queen of the Damned.
Now he’ll risk everything to try to save her—his life, his home, his entire world.
Bloody Mary
The queen in the mirror.
Bloody Mary
Waiting to steal your soul.
Bloody Mary...


MY REVIEW -

I loved this! This is a great series! I love how each book is written by a different author, and I love seeing each of their interpretations and the different worlds the skeleton keys open! As soon as I read the prologue in Princess of the Damned, I knew I would love it, and I did! In this book, every time Landon looks in a mirror he sees Eiress, Landon has seen her since he was a young boy, and now he is 17 years old and feels deeply for Eiress. Landon can see and hear Eiress, but she can't see or hear Landon, but she feels his presence and his soul, and she also feels deeply for Landon. Eiress was captured by Mary Tudor a.k.a Bloody Mary, and Eiress is trapped in a castle with a vast wasteland filled with horrible creatures at the gates of Hell. Landon does what he can for Eiress, but it is becoming increasingly more difficult for him to see what Eiress has to go through, so he wants to find a way to rescue her. The love story was really cute and sweet, and I liked both of the characters. I loved that Eiress was tough and that she stood up for herself! I loved the whole premise, and I loved the setting for this story. I loved that the author used Bloody Mary! I also loved that Eiress has a little dragon as a pet, so cute! I would have liked to know and see more about Eiress and her brother. There was a lot of different side characters that really added some zing! to the story. The story was unique and interesting from beginning to end! I will definitely read more books in this series, and by author Wendy Knight!

No comments:

Post a Comment