Monday, September 12, 2016

Review for Stepping Over the Line by Laura Marie Altom - 3 out of 5



SYNOPSIS -

As the chief legal counsel for dot-com billionaire Liam Stone, Garrett Marsden has grown accustomed to being universally loathed. In fact, he welcomes it. Because the bigger the fight, the easier it is to run from his desire for someone he can never have: his stepsister. But when Garrett flies back to Julep, Mississippi, for Savannah’s med school graduation, a steamy encounter makes all his wildest dreams come true—and leads to his undoing. Because that’s when he meets Savannah’s boyfriend.

Five years later, Savannah Boudreaux couldn’t be happier as a small-town Southern doctor and single mom to a young son. There’s only one thing missing. Her stepbrother, Garrett, has just been released from prison, and although he may be a free man, he’s become a bitter shadow of the kind and caring man who once came to her rescue. Now Savannah will cross the line to save Garrett from himself: to prove that he can live his life, love whoever he wants . . . and be a wonderful father to their son.

MY REVIEW -

*I think I'm probably going to have to give away some spoilers, so you have been warned*

Okay....so this wasn't really for me, there were too many things that annoyed me, so the first 70-75%, I didn't really enjoy, but that doesn't mean this isn't a good book, it's just not my type of thing. It is written well though, and the last 25% was pretty good. Stepping Over the Line is a step-brother romance, which I tend to enjoy those types of stories, but I just didn't like how the female lead is. I felt like she was jerking the male lead around too much, and she is on her way to be a doctor, but I don't see much intelligence in her; I wouldn't want her to be my doctor, she has unprotected sex with 2 different guys within a day or so, and is surprised when she becomes pregnant, and doesn't know who the baby daddy is. Her decision making is seriously lacking, and I found her to be rather weak and naïve. I also hate that it takes a long time for the 2 leads to figure all the BS out, and get together, but when they were together it was pretty spicy. I liked the male lead better than the female lead, he doesn't make good decision also, but at least he knows what he wants, and isn't afraid to put himself out there. There are dual POV's and this is a complete story, so you don't have to worry about cliffhangers, I don't know if I'll read anymore in this series if the female leads are going to be like this one, but I'll have to read the synopsis and decide then.

No comments:

Post a Comment