Tuesday, October 11, 2016

99 cents for books 1, 2, and a very important, necessary novella of Siobhan Davis' Saven series!!!! Here are my reviews on each of the books!



This series is absolutely amazing!!!! I love it!!! Siobhan Davis is definitely one of my favorite authors!!!
Here are my reviews for each of the books!



Saven Deception -

Loved it!!! Another amazing book by Siobhan Davis!! This book is set in a dystopian world with class systems, and the main character, Sadie, is in the lowest class system. She is mistreated and unappreciated by her family, so she's a bit of a loner and unsure of herself. When she is chosen to go to the underwater city, Thalassic City, she is ecstatic to have a chance to start a new life. On her own, Sadie begins to become more independent and open up to those around her. I like that Sadie speaks her mind; she has moxie, and she's a tough chick with brains; although she does act before thinking sometimes. Sadie suspects that there is something odd going on in Thalassic City, and that the government may be involved. Sadie notices some of her new friends have unique behaviors, and that they aren't being entirely truthful with her. Among her new friends is the highly crush-worthy, Logan, and Sadie is really swooning over him, and Logan seems to really like Sadie, but then some of the things Logan does, makes Sadie unsure if Logan can be trusted. Since it already says in the synopsis this isn't a spoiler, so as it turns out, there are aliens among the humans in Thalassic City, and some of the aliens aren't exactly friendly. Sadie begins to worry about her friend, Jenna, when she starts acting out of character and her health begins to deteriorate. What happens to Jenna in this story is truly vile, and I did feel that the characters actions and emotions involved with what happened to Jenna were very much lacking. Sadie gets involved in some dangerous things, and she's on a quest to find out who to trust, and how she can help her friends, the humans, and herself. Siobhan Davis creates a really interesting world, and I loved how the story developed. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll be a bit vague, but I have a feeling about Sadie, and I am hoping it's true because I think that would add a really unique element to this story. This book kept me interested till the very end, and I can't wait till the next book! Love, Love, Love it! Ooh and I suppose this is a bit of a spoiler, not too much, but I wanted to give a warning anyway, Okay here is comes.......There's no love triangle! I love that! I hope that continues to be the case for the rest of the series! Please!




Saven Disclosure -

Siobhan Davis has done it again! She has written another truly engrossing story! Saven Disclosure is another can't put down, can't stop reading, no sleep book! Siobhan knows how to create the perfect balance between the romance, the action, and the story; her writing keeps the reader engaged till the very end! I loved Siobhan's True Calling series, and now I am loving her Saven series, and I can't wait for the next book in the series!

If you haven't read the first Saven book, Saven Deception, I feel you need to read that first since this book is a continuation of the first book, and will add to the enjoyment of this book; plus that book is awesome too, so it is a definite must read! There may be some spoilers for the first book in this review, so be forewarned! And I may elude to some things in this book that may be a bit spoilery, but I think it's more of the teaser variety rather than outright spoilers.

Saven Disclosure picks right up where Saven Deception left off, Sadie and Logan are a committed couple in deep love with each other, but are separated because Logan is on the road with his family to build support for an alliance between the people of Earth and the Saven people. Sadie is dealing with the backlash of dating an alien; she is being harassed and threatened, so she has to have a bodyguard, Haydn. I liked the addition of Haydn; he creates some interesting drama in Saven Disclosure, and I'm looking forward to seeing how his story develops. Sadie doesn't get much freedom, so the pressure is starting to get to her. Sadie isn't content to sit back and do nothing, so she's been having further contact with the rebels in hopes of helping the lower class from being taken over by the Saven. Sadie has to contend with being pulled at from various sides; she is being pressured to do things that go against what she thinks is right, and she finds herself in some really difficult spots. On top of that, there is another alien race threatening Earth, so War is looking more imminent; especially with Saven relations not going so well, also Sadie's sister is in trouble, so she needs to figure out a way to help her, also there's the issue of trying to figure out more about the Eterno bond, and to top it all off, there are too many "secrets" between her and Logan. I just want to say that you can't expect other people to be truthful, when you can't be truthful yourself, and all the "secrets"; a.k.a lies, just cause more problems! If you truly love and trust someone then you should trust in them to understand where you are coming from! Plans would go a lot smoother if there was honesty. Okay sorry for the rant, it was just bothering me.

I love Sadie's sass and her humor! And I think she handled a lot of tough situations really well, and showed maturity and intelligence and grace. I almost found her to be too understanding at times; I kind of wanted her to be a bit more selfish sometimes, and I felt she was a bit dense about a couple things, but I still think she is an incredibly strong character. Her and Logan's relationship is adorable, and I love them together; they are just so sweet and cute! And they compliment each other really well, and have wonderful chemistry. I wasn't completely happy with how far Logan takes a certain thing; that goes with the whole keeping "secrets" thing causing problems.

I loved all the action! And the camaraderie between the whole group was terrific! I especially love the friendship between Sadie and Jarod. It's great that all the girls get along too! Plus, I love the alien aspect! So much is going on in this book, but I never felt overwhelmed by it all. Siobhan does an amazing job building up the Saven Disclosure world, and as I was reading I could really visualize the scenes.

Siobhan's books are definitely some of my favorites, and I'm really excited to read the next books in the series! I love these characters, and I'm looking forward to reading more as their stories unfold. Saven Disclosure is a must read! All of Siobhan Davis' books are a must read! Plus the books have such beautiful covers!



Saven Denial -

Another amazing addition to the Saven Series! Siobhan Davis is definitely one of my favorite authors! Saven Denial was so good! I don't even know where to begin, I loved it so much! It didn't even feel like a novella because so much happens, and the whole time I was reading it, I felt so anxious to find out what happens, and I am really looking forward to the next book. I hate waiting! The thing I love about Davis' writing is that her world building is so vivid, and I love the unique settings she creates; I can picture them perfectly in my mind as I'm reading. I love that she goes into multiple types of aliens; it is really cool to read about the different species. I love all the action and sci-fi aspects! I've always loved Sadie, but I definitely was loving her more in this book; she was thinking everything I would have been thinking in this type of situation, and she was really strong with how she handled everything. This whole series is just wonderful!

Saven Denial picks up right where the 2nd book ended, and I recommend reading this book before you continue on in the series because there is definitely a lot of crucial information needed, and it's an excellent book anyway! So, Sadie has been kidnapped by the Tor, and they are holding her because she factors into their plans to dominate the universe. Along the way, Sadie finds out some much needed information about herself and the situation, and I was shocked at the horrible things done to Sadie. Griselda, leader of the Tor, is out of her mind! I'm thinking she's so vindictive because there definitely has to be some type of heartbreak that happened to her to make her the way she is now.

So, there is sort of a love triangle started in this book, and although I'm not a big fan of love triangles, Siobhan Davis does them in such a way that I don't mind them so much, and the main reason I don't like them is I feel so bad for the person not chosen. Axton is one of the Tor, and I don't want to give to much away, so I won't say quite what happens with Sadie and Him, but I don't really feel like Axton is an option for Sadie. He felt a bit unstable to me, and I think he has deep mommy issues, and he doesn't quite know himself yet. He needs to get a backbone also! I feel the whole thing between Sadie and him is a Stockholm syndrome type of thing, and I felt like the feelings between the two aren't entirely based in fact. I really feel for him, but I am for Logan the whole way, and I feel like Logan and Sadie have been thorough so much, and they still manage to find each other. So sweet! I need the next book now!!!!! Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment