Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Review for Cauldron Bubble by Wendy Knight - 5 out of 5!




SYNOPSIS -

“You’ve just always been the powerful one. I’m the smart aleck.” “We’re the same. I’m night, you’re day. You have to have both to have life.” “You can hide in the shadows.” “And you can shine like the sun. This prophesy is about both of us.”
Destiny doesn't think she's anything special. The daughter of an outcast witch. Her twin, Fate, is her best friend, so that's awesome. They're experts in love potions and selling them to crazy high school kids.
So they can buy more shoes.
But that all changes when their school is attacked by warlocks—warlocks who want her power for their own. The attack launches her onto the path the stars have chosen for Destiny, Fate, and their long-lost father.
Oh, and Quin.
Quin, who's the son of a witch, only tolerating Destiny's presence because she can save his mother. Except along the way, that all changes, and he realizes Destiny is everything he never knew he wanted. The only problem is she thinks if love can be made from a potion, it can't be a real thing.
If they survive this, he's going to prove her wrong.







MY REVIEW -

I loved this! I haven't read very many witch stories, so I was excited to read this one, and I'm so glad I did because it was awesome! I love that the characters actually use their witch powers! I hate when people have powers in books, but they rarely use them, but that wasn't the case in this book! There's cauldrons, potions, and broomsticks! I love how there are classic witchy things, but there is a modern twist to them! Cauldron Bubble is about twin sisters, Destiny and Fate, who are 18 years old and witches, and they live away from a coven with their mother, Alina. Alina left her coven while pregnant with Destiny and Fate because she no longer felt welcome there. The girls have recently been expelled from their last school, so they are starting at a new school, and that is where Destiny meets Quin; the majority of this book is told from Destiny and Quin's POV's. Quin knows about the witch world because his mom is a witch, and he shares a few classes with Destiny and wants to get to know her better, but they end up not getting off on the right foot, so they both end up being standoffish with each other, but there is a war brewing with the warlocks, so they are going to have to get over their problems with each other and find a way to stop the warlocks from killing off the witches. Warlocks are witches that have turned evil because they have stolen other witches powers. This whole story was lots of fun, and I loved all the witch elements; especially the potion brewing! Plus, there is some great scenes where the characters are battling the warlocks; they added a nice bit of excitement! I really enjoyed the writing and felt the story was unique, and I loved that the characters go on a sort of quest. I also enjoyed the scenes between Quin and Destiny! I love when characters get off on the wrong foot, but they actually really like each other, and I enjoyed their banter and chemistry, and they are really sweet and cute with each other. I also loved Alina and Luca! I was so hoping that would be something touched on in this book, and I'm glad it was part of the story. I also loved the connection between Destiny and Fate, they have a great sisterly bond, and they really look out for each other. This book is a complete story without a cliffhanger, and I really appreciate that because it seems like nowadays there's always a cliffhanger. I'm not sure if the author plans to write more books with these characters, but if she is, I will definitely read them, and I plan to check out more of her books!

No comments:

Post a Comment