Monday, October 24, 2016

Review for Meeting with My Maker by Calinda B - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS -

Trapped by the cobwebs of her past, Annora Lachmann's certain she'll die before her time, lonely and unfulfilled. When her Mama, a staunch believer in the paranormal, insists she accompany on her journey to Hotel Paranormal, seeking the ghost of her dead husband, Annora is completely skeptical--she doesn't believe in anything paranormal.

Mac Bhriain McCarrion, a shadow specter from hell itself, never consorts with humans. When he finds himself trapped in the walls behind the room of none other than the very human, very non-believing Annora, he's captivated. He finds himself completely distracted by the woman in the room. There's one big problem, though--he can only witness her. He can't touch her.

He wants to bed her.

She doesn't believe he exists.

It's a match made in hell. Can they possibly find love, or anything resembling love? Find out in Meeting with My Maker.

A Hotel Paranormal story.

The Hotel Paranormal is THE place for supernatural beings looking to get away from it all. Beings like werewolves, vampires, elves, sprites, djinn and more check in from all over the world for business and for pleasure -- and sometimes for both.


MY REVIEW -

First off, I love the cover of this book! Next off, Loved this book! Meeting with My Maker was very unique and interesting! I love the whole writing style, and the jaded, macabre setting. Annora's father died, and Annora has been really affected by his death, so much so, she has become OCD and her outlook on life is not positive. I enjoyed Annora's character, she is flawed, but I loved that she has some sass. She is depressed, so she has some dark thoughts, and she's actually quite naïve. Annora's mother hears about the Hotel Paranormal, and decides to go on a trip there in hopes of seeing her dead husband, and despite Annora's misgivings, she ends up going with her mother. After they arrive at the Hotel Paranormal, Annora begins to experience some weird things, such as seeing a weird shadow in the mirror, but Annora thinks all the weird things are tricks, so she brushes them off. Mac is a manwhore, or rather I suppose demonwhore is more appropriate since Mac is a demon. Mac is hedonistic, he does drugs, he drinks, thinks only of himself, and he just wants to find someone to screw, but unfortunately for Mac his demonwhoring ways have caught up with him, and one of his past conquests wants to make him pay for screwing her over. Mac ends up getting trapped in some walls at The Hotel Paranormal, and it just so happens that he trapped in the room that Annora is staying in. Mac wants to ravish Annora, but since he's trapped, he can't get to her, so what's a demon to do? I love that we get POV's from both Annora and Mac, and I that this wasn't like anything I've ever read before. This isn't a light and fluffy read, these characters are sad, unhappy, and aren't necessarily good. They have darkness in them, and this leads to some combustible intimate scenes. The hotel is super awesome, and does some cool, amazing stuff, and I loved that the hotel is like another character in the book. I do think Annora's mother's personality switch was rather sudden, and I would have loved more in the ending, but that's just me wanting perfect. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down till I finished it, so that is definitely a great read for me, and I'm excited to read more books in this series and by Calinda B!

No comments:

Post a Comment