Friday, October 21, 2016

Review for Soulstone by Katie Salidas - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS -

It’s a desperate time for rookie vampire Alyssa, and her sanity is hanging by a slender thread. Her clan is still reeling from the monumental battle with Aniketos; a battle that claimed the body of Lysander, her sire and lover, and trapped his spirit in a mysterious crystal. A Soulstone.

Unfortunately, no amount of magic has been able to release Lysander’s spirit, and the stone is starting to fade. Weeks of effort have proved futile. Her clan, the Peregrinus, have all but given up hope. Only Alyssa still believes her lover can be released. In despair, Alyssa begs the help of the local witch coven, and unwittingly exposes the supernaturals of Boston to unwanted attention from the Acta Sanctorum.

The Saints converge on the city and begin their cleansing crusade to rid the world of all things “Unnatural.” In the middle of an all-out war, but no closer to a solution to the dying stone, Alyssa is left with an unenviable choice: save her mate, or save her clan.


MY REVIEW -

I'm really enjoying how this series has evolved! Alyssa has really come into her own, and I was in full support of her in this book. This book picks up right where the last book ended, so you will for sure need to read the previous books, and here's a warning that there will be spoilers for the previous book in this review!!!! Okay, so Lysander is trapped in the stone, so the gang is trying to find a way to free his soul back into his body. I love how Alyssa was determined not to give up and kept fighting when the others were less than supportive of her. The group does their best, but they end up in more trouble than they expected, and they have to go on a rescue mission of sorts, and they also have to deal with the Acta Sanctorum. I really enjoy that not only do we get vampires, but we get more of the wolves and witches too. There's a lot of action in this book, which I enjoyed, and I loved to see Alyssa kicking some butt! I loved all the spell work, and it was interesting to see groups band together that wouldn't normally work together to combat a common enemy. I would have liked more for the ending though, and I looked ahead in the series, and it looks like the next 2 books aren't told from Alyssa's POV, so I'm a bit disappointed in that, but I am really looking forward to reading more about Aiden and Fallon, to see what Fallon is going to do about being involved with a wolf, but I do hope that I get more closure with Alyssa. This book was entertaining and interesting! These characters have definitely grown on me, and I'm glad I continued on with the series! Looking forward to the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment