Thursday, October 13, 2016

Review for Throne to the Wolves by J.A. Cipriano - 4 out of 5



SYNOPSIS -

Hey, I’m Annie. Mage. Nerd. Gamer Extraordinaire.
And yes, I wrote that on my nametag.
I was having a great day right up until Justin Bailey, werewolf prince and Grade A Pain-In-My-Ass came barreling into the shop I work at. Then he threw around words like “blood feud,” “sorceress,” and “murderer,” so I couldn’t just kick him out, especially since they all seemed connected to me.
Now the only thing I can do to clear my name is use my magic to help him find the culprit before the council of wolves takes matters into their own hands. If they do, they won’t just kill me, they’ll put the kibosh on anyone who’s ever talked to me.
I guess Uncle Ben was right about that whole responsibility thing.


MY REVIEW -


This was so much fun! I loved all the videogame, comic and D&D talk! I loved that the lead is a nerd and a badass! Annie is a Animator, which is super cool because she can use inanimate objects to make them actually work, such as a toy lightsaber can be turned into a real lightsaber, which Annie uses to fight her enemies! She also uses lots of other really cool things for weapons and potions that she gets from videogames, movies, and comics! Such a cool idea! Also, who knew a game of Donkey Kong could be so intense and important! Annie is asked by werewolf, Justin, to help find out who is killing werewolves, but Animators and Werewolves don't exactly get along, so Annie is hesitant to help the wolves, but Annie has her own reasons for wanting to help. Annie and Justin go on a bit of a dangerous adventure to find out what in the heck is going on with the deaths of the wolves; I knew the score rather early on because there were quite a few clues to what was going on, but I still was very entertained. It was fun that Justin is a popular B-movie actor, and I loved the humor throughout the book. There were a couple things I would have liked to be better fleshed out, Justin and Annie's relationship or whatever you want to call it because I didn't really know what the connection was, so it was a bit of a let down, and I also didn't really get the whole Laura thing with Justin; it felt like something that could've been omitted. Other than those couple of things, I loved everything else! I also love the fun play on words in the title! I look forward to reading the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment