Monday, October 24, 2016

Review for Warrior by Nicole Blanchard - 4 out of 5



SYNOPSIS -

I thought it was just one night with my brother’s best friend. The boy I had dreamt about since he gave me my first kiss, under the lights of the Ferris wheel.

I knew he was about to leave for a year – no chance for a future.

But our one night together would create memories for a lifetime.

Our paths crossed again, but I had lied, and he was no longer the man he once was. He was warring against demons. Against the silence that was threatening to swallow him. And I had kept a secret from him, one he would never forgive me for.

But my secret was about to be ripped open. Displayed for the world on national news. And I had only one way to repair the damage.

I had to trust the man I lied to.

The man I never got the chance to make a life with.

The only man who could save what we had created together.


MY REVIEW -

I listened to the audiobook of Warrior, and I loved that there was a female voice for the female lead's chapters, and there was a male voice for the male lead's chapters, and they both did a great job; especially the male speaker. I liked the female voice too, but it was a little bit too breathy for me, but it was good for the sex scenes, so I'm going to mark that down as a good job. In Warrior, Ben is a soldier home for the weekend, when he finally gives in to his attraction to long-time friend, Olivia, the 2 have a very hot, wonderful night together before Ben has to leave again. Ben is going to be away for a long time, and won't have reliable access to outside communication, so even though there are feelings between the two, they don't really solidify anything between them, but some things happen that change things for the both of them, and they need to re-evaluate each of their lives. I love when 2 characters have been trying to resist each other, but in the end, they can't handle it anymore and can't keep their hands off of each other. Poor Olivia has some really upsetting things happen to her, and I really felt for her! Poor girl! I love how resilient she is, and even through tough times, she shows her strength. After reading the premise, I wasn't sure how I'd feel about her, but I'm glad the premise wasn't quite accurate with the whole situation. She does get on my nerves sometimes, but nothing too major, just her being stubborn. Ben has some crap stuff happen to him too, which makes him feel like he doesn't have much to give to a serious relationship, so he withholds himself from Olivia, and for some reason he thinks he is a bad guy, but I never saw anything in this book for why he would feel that way. I love that for the most part he is light-hearted and playful, but he also maintains his sexy manliness. Ben and Olivia are adorable together, and they have some really sweet moments, and the sex scenes were hot! The chemistry was really great between the 2, and you can feel how deeply they care for each other, and I loved that they've known each other for a long time. There is some suspense in this story, which kept the story entertaining, and created some good tension in the story and between the characters. I do think the characters should have figured out the situation a lot sooner than they did because the link was sort of obvious to me, and I was surprised the characters didn't consider that option. The writing was smooth, and I liked the flow of the story. There are some interesting side characters, who look like they will have their own books in this series, so I would definitely like to check those out, and I look forward to more books by Nicole Blanchard!

No comments:

Post a Comment