Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Review for Wild Wild Ghost by Margo Bond Collins - 4 out of 5



SYNOPSIS -

With everyone she loves in the grave, Ruby specializes in the dead. Trip wants to bring her back to the land of the living.

When Ruby Silver traded in her demon-hunting rifle for a Tremayne Agency badge, she didn't want another partner—losing the last one was too traumatic. But when a new case in the Texas Hill Country pairs her up with the slow-talking, fast-drawing Trip Austin, it will take all their combined skills to combat a plague of poltergeists in this German-settled town.


MY REVIEW -

I loved the western setting, and that ghosts and demons were focal points in this story. Ruby is in a new town, where she was sent to exorcise a ghost, she is part of some type of group that does this for a job. Ruby's last job went bad, and she ended up losing her partner, so she is out of sorts. The group also sends, Trip, to be Ruby's new partner, but Ruby isn't exactly in agreement with that decision. What Ruby and Trip find in the town isn't quite what they expected, and the situation is a lot more dangerous and personal then either thought. Ruby is a tough lady with some really cool ghost butt kicking skills, and for the most part I liked her. There's some stuff with a character named Flint that I was having a hard time liking, and I felt it curbed my enjoyment of the story a little bit, but I was still entertained and loved many other aspects of the book. I liked Trip, and I would be interested in getting more of his story. This was a fairly short, quick read, so I would enjoy reading more books with these characters and setting. Enjoyable and unique idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment