Saturday, November 12, 2016

Review for Achilles: Soul of Her King by Julia Mills - 4 out of 5



SYNOPSIS -

Book 3 in the Kings of the Blood series. The books can be read as stand-alone stories, but it is advisable to read them in order to get the most enjoyment from the series.

A scream in the night. A panicked call for help. There’s no time to think. The rules be damned.

A fate worse than death. Buried alive…lost…alone… A centuries old secret her only hope. May the gods be on her side.

This one’s about more than brotherhood.
Save the girl…save the Kings.


MY REVIEW -

Sweet and interesting! I definitely recommend reading the first 2 books before reading this one because although it is about a different couple then the other 2 books, there are connecting characters and connecting events, which means there are some spoilers for the previous books in this book. Achilles is part of a group of immortals, who do drink blood, but they aren't called vampires, they are called Kings, and the Gods are responsible for their existence. Each of these Kings needs to find his intended mate before 3 millennia, or they will die for good, but the Kings aren't allowed to approach their mates until their mates make the first connection. Achilles has been keeping an eye on his mate, but has kept his distance, so he doesn't break the rules, and finally his mate has connected with him, but she is trapped, so Achilles needs to find a way to save her. On top of his mate, Juliette, being trapped, a vengeful God is out to make Achilles and Juliette's mating difficult. Achilles is adorably sweet and manly, so he is just wonderful! I also liked Juliette, she is strong and I like her independence, and I like how on board she is with the mating. The one thing I didn't really get is why it took her so long to approach Achilles. I also liked the other characters, and look forward to reading their books! The story is entertaining, and I liked the history of the characters. I did enjoy the flashbacks, but I think they did slow the story down a bit, so maybe a little bit less of those would have been good. I also would have liked more time with Achilles and Juliette, but that's just me loving the romance! They are really sweet together, and I love how protective Achilles is of Juliette, and they do have some very steamy times! I really enjoy Julia Mills' writing, so I will definitely be checking out more of her books!

No comments:

Post a Comment