Sunday, December 25, 2016

Review for Twice in a Blue Moon - Books 1 - Damnation and Book 2 - Temptation in the Blue Moon Saloon Series by Anna Lowe - 5 out of 5!




I listened to this on audiobook, and the narrator was excellent! She had a wonderful tone to her voice, and I enjoyed the listening experience! Below is a review for each of the books individually beginning with the first in the series -




SYNOPSIS -

He hasn’t forgotten her, and she sure hasn’t forgiven him.
Jessica Macks is a she-wolf on the run from a band of murderous rogues. When she finds a job at a shifter bar, it seems like a safe haven from her hunted life on the road. But the minute she walks through the swinging doors of the Blue Moon Saloon and comes face-to-face with the man she once loved, she’s tempted to march right back out. No way, no how is she risking her heart to that infuriating alpha bear again.

Simon Voss thought he lost everything in an ambush months before: his home, his family, his past. His new job at the Blue Moon Saloon is a desperately needed fresh start on life. Then along comes Jessica, the irresistible she-wolf his clan forced him to reject years before. When Simon is obliged to hire Jessica and work side by side with the one woman to ever make his bear go wild, he’s half in heaven, half in hell. He hasn’t forgotten her, and she sure as hell hasn’t forgiven him. Is this just another path to heartbreak or his last chance to claim his destined mate?

* A paranormal romance with adult content. The perfect read for fans of strong heroines, alpha heroes, werewolves and shapeshifters, red-hot cowboys, romantic westerns, paranormal suspense, action-adventure romance, and fantasy romance! *


MY REVIEW - 5 out of 5!

Loved this! Second chance romance with shifters, I'm all on board for that! Jessica and her sister, Janna, are starting new at the Blue Moon Saloon after their whole pack was wiped out by Rogue shifters. They are wolf shifters, and Jessica is very thankful to have found a place at the Blue Moon, but when she finds out her new boss is a past lover, she isn't too happy, but there isn't anywhere else for her and her sister to go, so Jessica is going to have to just deal with it. Jessica was deeply hurt by Simon when he broke things off with her without much explanation, and finds it difficult to be in his presence; especially since her wolf wants her mate, and Jessica is still affected by being near Simon. Simon is a bear shifter, and he can't believe it when Jessica walks into the Saloon; his bear growls mate and wants to make her his, but Simon hurt Jessica when he broke it off, so his bear is just going to have to wait. I love that there is POV's from both Jessica and Simon! Jessica is a strong and intelligent woman, and I really felt for her, when she lost her pack and when Simon turned her away. The romance is so sweet and wonderful, and Simon was adorable! I love that he rubs up on stuff! I know that sounds a bit weird, but it's a shifter story, so I think it fits. I love that he is a bit of a gruff bear, but his soft side comes out with Jessica. I also like that we get some action scenes, and I really enjoyed the writing! I also loved all the side characters, and I am super excited to read each of their books! This is a great shifter read, and I'm definitely looking forward to more from Anna Lowe!!



SYNOPSIS -

His darkest fears...her deepest desires.
She-wolf Janna Macks knows trouble when she sees it, especially when it comes in the form of an irresistibly broody cowboy like Cole Harper. Her fledgling pack is already in the cross hairs of a ruthless group of rogues, and falling head over heels in lust with a human will only endanger her loved ones more. The problem is, her wolf knows her destined mate when she sees him — and Cole is it.

Rodeo pro Cole Harper has never felt this off-kilter before. One minute, he’s lusting after Janna, the spunky waitress he can’t get off his mind, and the next, he’s growling at a dark inner voice demanding all kinds of crazy things — like howling at the moon and claiming Janna as his own. There’s only one thing stronger than the overwhelming need for Janna, and that’s the fear that without her, he’ll succumb to the strange inner beast wrestling for control of his haunted soul.

Behind the doors of the Blue Moon Saloon, alpha shifters confront their darkest fears and their deepest desires. This book is a complete standalone story that ends with a strong hook to the main character in the next book of the series.

* A paranormal romance with adult content. The perfect read for fans of strong heroines, alpha heroes, werewolves and shapeshifters, red-hot cowboys, romantic westerns, paranormal suspense, action-adventure romance, and fantasy romance! *


MY REVIEW - 5 out of 5!


I'm really loving this series! In this book, we get Janna's story, who is Jessica's sister from the first book, and we get to see how Janna and Cole's story unfolds. You should read the first book in this series, or there will be some spoilers in this book for that book, and Janna and Cole are introduced in the first book, but I suppose it isn't completely necessary, but I think it adds to the enjoyment of this book; plus that book is awesome too! Janna and her sister have found a new home at the Blue Moon Saloon with the 2 were-bears, Simon and Soren, and Janna is feeling a strong attraction towards a regular at the Saloon. Cole is a sexy cowboy with something in his past that is eating away at him, and on top of that, he is starting to feel and hear strange things, and his feelings for Janna have turned animalistic. Janna's wolf is also feeling animalistic towards Cole, but she doesn't understand it because Cole is human, and on top of her wolf acting weird, there is the threat of the Rogues. The Rogues don't believe in mixing shifters, and they definitely don't want shifters and humans mixing. First off, I enjoyed the chemistry between Cole and Janna, and I found Cole to be adorable. I like Janna too, but I definitely think she should have made it more of a priority to talk with Cole; that made me think of her as a bit more ditzy then I had thought previously, so I was a bit disappointed in that, but for the most part, I liked her. The story is interesting, and I liked the flow of the story. I'm excited to read the next book in the series, even if I don't really like the premise; I wanted more for Soren, so I'm disappointed with what I know so far, but since I loved the first 2 books and enjoy Anna Lowe's writing, I'm giving it a chance. Plus, I'm very interested in Soren! Looking forward to more of him, and more of the main couples from books 1 and 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment