Friday, December 23, 2016

Review for Holiday Heat Wave by Mickey Miller - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS -

"This, Andrea, is the royal mating room. Are you ready to use it?"

Andrea and Jake have made the jump and moved in together. Things have been going well--so far. But when Andrea gets sick, their bond will be tested in a way she hadn't ever considered.

Deep in the hidden subconscious of her mind, does Andrea truly love Jake Napleton?
If they met in a completely different context, would the two of them still fall for each other?

This surreal quick holiday novella is hot and steamy. Holiday Heat Wave can be read as a standalone, but you will enjoy it more if you read Playing Dirty first and get Jake and Andrea's full back story!

Either way, feel free to read as a standalone with an HEA! Enjoy!


MY REVIEW -

I loved this addition to the Playing Dirty series! Holiday Heat Wave is a cute, fun novella! We get more Andrea and Jake from the first book, Playing Dirty, which I feel it would be better to have read first, but I suppose you could read this as a standalone, but it's more fun if you read the first book before this one. In this book, we do get some more Jake and Andrea, but in a different way than in the first book, in this book it is sort of like an alternate reality for Andrea and Jake. Most of this book is in Andrea's POV, as she has to deal with being in an unique situation, and goes through some interesting situations; some of which are a bit supernatural. We get to see a more primal side to Jake, and I liked it! I definitely want a massage now! Well, I always want one, but definitely more so after reading this book! I still liked Andrea, but she does make a stupid decision that I felt didn't quite work with her character, but I figured since things aren't quite the norm, I'll let that pass. There's definitely lots of sexy times that get the blood pumping! The whole story is entertaining and interesting, and I also loved that we get some glimpses into the continuation of Andrea and Jake's life together. Lots of fun for the Holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment