Thursday, December 22, 2016

Review for Playing Dirty by Mickey Miller - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS -

I'm going to teach Andrea to play dirty...she just doesn't know it yet.

Jake
Pulling in eight figures a year as star pitcher for the Chicago Jaguars, there's no shortage of parties, booze, and women. I'm a beast on the mound and between the sheets but when my social media presence becomes a major problem, the team’s owner brings in a PR expert to clean up my image. Andrea Diggers is the complete opposite of every girl I’ve ever met. She’s smart, classy, and completely off limits. Which makes me want her even more. I’ve always loved a challenge, and Andrea has no idea I'm about to get her to play...on my terms.

Andrea
Cleaning up Jake Napleton’s image may be my hardest assignment yet, and not just because of the secrets he keeps deeply buried. Working alongside the six-foot-six arrogant, filthy-mouthed man is a challenge in restraint. He screams poster-boy for favorite mistakes with his chiseled abs and rippling muscles. And I want to take him up on every dirty word he’s said. But he’s not the only one with something to hide. Our attraction may be immediate. Potent. Dirty. But is it enough to withstand our shadowed pasts?

*Playing Dirty is a full length sexy standalone with an HEA.*


MY REVIEW -


Really enjoyed this! Playing Dirty had a lot more heart then I was thinking it would have, and I loved both of the main characters. Jake is a major league baseball player, who has a bit of a bad boy reputation, so the owner of his team hires a PR team to work on Jake's social media reputation. Andrea is new to the PR firm, but she makes an impression on the owner of the team, and gets tasked with turning Jake's reputation around. Andrea thinks Jake is one hot hunk of a man, but she doesn't want to get involved with some bad boy baseball player; especially one that is her client, but if Jake has anything to say about it, Andrea and him will be getting a lot closer. As Andrea gets to know Jake better, she starts to see a side of him that he doesn't let many people see, and they begin to grow closer together. Unfortunately, both have some issues in the past that may affect their growing connection, and both need to find strength in themselves to persevere above the difficulties in their lives. This is a great sports romance, and there are definitely some hot moments in the book, but the book goes into a lot more then just Andrea and Jake's relationship, and the character's actions felt natural and the story flowed smoothly. Andrea and Jake are hot together, and I actually would've loved a bit more of just Andrea and Jake together. Both are strong characters, and I liked that they have a fun banter with each other; it makes it seem like their connection is more genuine, and their relationship is built on more than just sexual attraction. There's some interesting side characters, and hopefully they will get books of their own; I especially am interested in what is going on with Jake's sister. I look forward to checking out more book by Mickey Miller, and hopefully get more of Andrea and Jake! Great first book by Mickey Miller!

No comments:

Post a Comment