Sunday, January 8, 2017

Review for Act of Mercy by Mandy M. Roth - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS -

PSI-Ops Series is a spin-off series to the Immortal Ops World.

Paranormal Security and Intelligence Operative Duke Marlow has a new mission: find, interrogate and eliminate the target—Mercy Deluca. She’s more than he bargained for and Intel has it all wrong. She’s not the enemy. Far from it. Intel forgot to mention one vital piece of information—she’s Duke’s mate. And this immortal alpha werewolf doesn’t take kindly to her being in danger.


MY REVIEW -


I enjoyed the humor in this book, and the characters are great! I also love military romances, and when you also add in shifters, I'm definitely a happy reader! Duke is part of a military type group, and he receives a mission to rescue one of their team that has been captured. Mercy works for the company that has captured Duke's team mate, but it is only recently that she has discovered how cruel their practices are, so she decides she will do anything she possibly can to rescue every test subject there and bring the corporation down. Unfortunately, when she sends information to Duke's team about their team mates, she forgets to add a code word that would inform them that she isn't a hostile, so now she has to fear that they may try to kill her along with the rest of the corporation. I loved the banter with Duke and his team mates, but I didn't love that they are hound dogs. There's a scene in a coffee shop that I could've really done without! I loved all the action, and I enjoyed getting to know the other team mates, but I do wish more time was spent on Duke and Mercy as a couple. I love the scenario of mates finding each other, and Mercy and Duke have some super hot moments together, and also some really sweet, tender moments. I loved the scenes when Duke is a wolf! I love that Mercy is intelligent, and when she is under stress, she is such a weirdo! I did enjoy the humor, but I do at times wish somethings would've been taken a little more seriously. I listened to this story on audiobook, and the narrator is male, and for the most part he does a good job, but the accents were a little weird, and made the story seem even more comical, but I still enjoyed his narration. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next book in this series, and checking out more by Mandy M. Roth!

No comments:

Post a Comment