Thursday, January 19, 2017

Review for Caught: Katherine by Julia Mills & Michelle Fox - 4 out of 5



SYNOPSIS -

She trusted him with her future. How could she have known it was her heart she had to protect…

I know stealing is wrong but those poor, forgotten children needed my help.
I had no other choice. For a few short weeks, I made a real difference.
But my luck ran out. In the blink of an eye, I went from an angel of mercy to a mouse caught in a trap.

Now, I have a choice to make…give up everything I’ve ever known or trust a vampire to make it all go away.
He says he can give me back my life, my career…everything I’ve worked so hard to achieve.
But there’s a price…

In a world where blood is a commodity and sex is the prize, this cold, aloof vampire is my only way out…or is he?

The Vampire Blood Courtesans.
It's not supposed to be about love...until it is.


MY REVIEW -

I've been staying away from this series because I don't really care for the premise of being a blood courtesan A.K.A prostitute, for a vampire, so even though some of the main stories have sounded interesting, I had decided not to read this series, but when I saw Julia Mills had written a book in this world, I decided to give it a go because I really enjoy her writing. I did enjoy this story, and was glad the blood courtesan thing wasn't too big a part of this book; although the courtesan training scenes did go on a bit long for my likes, but that is a small thing because I enjoyed the rest of the story. Katharine is a nurse, who came across some children that have escaped from a gang of bad vampires that have been feeding on them, so she does what she can to help keep the children hidden from the bad vamps, but the bad vamps want the children back and are threating Kat, and on top of that threat the children got sick and need antibiotics, so Kat made the decision to steal medicine for them and got caught. She is in trouble, but luckily Roarke comes to her aide. Kat becomes Roarke's blood courtesan, and has told Kat he will help her and the children. I enjoyed the action and suspense throughout the book, and I enjoyed that there's a sense of danger in the story. I liked Kat's feistiness; although I do think she was a little too quick in accepting the whole blood courtesan thing, but for the most part she maintained her character. The romance is actually pretty sweet, and the intimate scenes will definitely heat your blood. I do like vampire stories, so I'm all on board for that, and I do think Roarke was a nice contrast between badass and sweetheart. I'm still on the fence about reading other blood courtesan books, but I'll just have to take it on book by book basis. Entertaining and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment