Sunday, January 15, 2017

Review for Zarak by Zoe Shea - 4 out of 5



SYNOPSIS -


I came to Earth determined to fulfill my purpose. My home planet of Megleron is dying and my people are threatened. It is up to me to find a new planet we can consider home. But I may have found something more...

From afar, I have admired her. Stacy is headstrong and independent, focused on her career alone. But the more I get to know her, the more I find myself breaking my one and only rule—never fall in love, especially to a human.

She has vowed to never love again, and I am determined to change her mind. But can love abound a whole universe of differences?


MY REVIEW -


I haven't read a lot of alien romances, but the ones I have read, I've really enjoyed, so I thought Zarak sounded like something I would enjoy, and I did! I like that Zarak wasn't just one big sex scene, but actually had an interesting story to it; now, don't get me wrong, there is sex in this book, and it was hot! Zarak is an alien, whose planet is dying, so he and a team of other aliens are sent to Earth to see if it is suitable for his kind to move there, and also find a group of his people that went missing about a year ago on Earth. Once on Earth, Zarak and his team begin their search for their missing people, and despite it being forbidden, Zarak is attracted to a human woman, Stacy, and as they grow closer, Zarak worries how she will feel when she finds out he isn't from Earth; especially since Stacy has some trust issues. The sex to story ratio was good, and I liked all the characters in the book. I do wish a bit more time was spent on Zarak and Stacy's relationship, but this is a fairly short book, so I understand some things need to be glossed over a bit. I also wish there was a little bit more drama to things; everything just seemed too easy, and it would've been a little more exciting for the action scenes to pack more of a punch. There's a bit of a side storyline with Stacy's landlord that think fell flat, and I think it could've been used to create a bit more drama in the story. The story is interesting though, and I liked where the story is going, and I would like to see where these characters go. I think each book is going to be about a different couple, which is cool, and I'm looking forward to reading where the story is going to go, but I would like to have more story about Zarak and Stacy too, so I'm hoping there will be more for them. There is one thing that I really didn't enjoy in this book, and it is a bit of a spoiler, so I'm giving warning, but it isn't a plot spoiler, so it isn't too bad of a spoiler, so SPOILER WARNING!!! So, there is a sex scene between Zarak and another woman, and it is detailed, and I absolutely hate that in books, so I didn't enjoy that part one bit. It is before he meets Stacy, but I still hate when authors have detailed sex scenes between the Hero or Heroine with other people, so I skimmed past the whole thing, so if you don't like that type of thing, definitely skim right past that part. Since I skimmed it, it didn't ruin the story for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment