Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Review for Arrived by Kathy Dinisi - 4 out of 5



SYNOPSIS -

Seventeen-year-old Angie is beyond ecstatic for her eighteenth Birthday with the promise of getting a car for her special day. Unbeknownst to her, life as she knew it would quickly change with the arrival of the unidentified ships floating in the air. What are they? What do they want? Will she get answers to her questions before time runs out?


MY REVIEW -


I really like the whole premise for this book, invasion books are exciting and interesting for me to read, and I love the suspense created. Angie is almost 18 years old, who is your typical teenager, she cares about boys and popularity, and if she'll receive a car for her 18th birthday, but when weird ships begin appearing in the sky, she has a lot more to worry about than the possibility of getting back with her cheating ex, or the hottie visiting his uncle next door. Arrived does have some of the things that are typical in alien books, but I didn't feel like it was repetitive, and the tension of being found and killed by the aliens, made the story entertaining. A couple things I didn't quite care for is that Angie is a bit too superficial for my liking, and also I don't like that the hottie neighbor calls her kid, and the feelings between the characters all felt artificial. After reading this book, there is still a lot of story to be told, so I'm definitely looking forward to the next book. Kathy Dinisi did a great job of setting the scene, and keeping me interested as a reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment