Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Review for Redemption by Anna Lowe - 4 out of 5



SYNOPSIS -

What will it take for this weary warrior to redeem his lonely soul?

Bear shifter Soren Voss lives and breathes for the new clan he leads as alpha. It’s all he has left after the rogue ambush that murdered the woman he loved — the woman he swears he’ll always love, even if it’s only in his dreams. But the day his dream comes true is also the start of a nightmare, because his destined mate may no longer be his and his alone. Is it fate’s way of torturing him or his last chance at redemption?

Sarah Boone narrowly escaped the inferno that claimed her family and her home. For months now, she’s been on the run with a secret that will soon be impossible to hide. But the clock is ticking, and she needs a place to settle down soon. She never expected to find the love of her life running a funky little place called the Blue Moon Saloon. He’s darker and more dangerous than ever, but somehow more vulnerable, too. Does she have it in her to be the woman her world-weary warrior needs most of all?


MY REVIEW -

I love Anna Lowe's writing, and I like how she tells a story. I love shifters, and I love that Anna Lowe's book have a bit of action in them. The romances are sweet and I like the suspense of the crazed group who is killing those that try to mix shifter races or shifters with humans. This book can be read as a standalone, but characters from the previous books are present in this one, so there are some spoilers for the previous books. In Redemption, we get dual POV's from Soren and Sarah, Soren believed that his mate, Sarah, was killed in a fire, but when she shows up alive, he is really surprised and happy, but that is short lived when he sees that she is pregnant and he knows it isn't his. Can Soren forgive his mate? Can he protect her from the shifter purity group? When I read the synopsis for this one, I wasn't overjoyed about her being pregnant because I don't really like that type of storyline, and I wasn't completely happy with her story of how she became pregnant; it didn't really make me feel anymore favorable towards her, but I still really enjoyed the rest of the story, and I did like Soren and Sarah's backstory. There aren't flashback scenes, but through Soren and Sarah's memories, we get brief glimpses of how their relationship was prior, and they are rather sweet with each other. Sarah also has some kick butt moments that are awesome, and I love Soren. I also like seeing the other couples from the previous books, and I would love more of them! So, although this wasn't my favorite in the series, I still really enjoyed it, and am definitely looking forward to more!

No comments:

Post a Comment