Thursday, March 9, 2017

Review for Sweet Venom by Gena D. Lutz - 4 out of 5



SYNOPSIS -

My name is Cassis Dark, and I am a Spider Venin. My bite is venomous and can paralyze a man within seconds of exposure, and if I choose, it can kill.

When I was a teenager, my stepmother sold me into slavery. As a newly freed woman, I fight to protect the innocent from a world of pain with which I'm all too familiar.

The evils that stalk the night aren’t all human. Good thing for their intended victims…neither am I.


MY REVIEW -

I love when books have kick butt females, and I found Lutz's take on supernatural to be unique! Cassis is the kick butt female, who is a Spider Venin, which is a type of supernatural, which I thought was super cool! There's also snake and scorpion venin! Cassis has had a tough past, she was sold into sexual slavery, but she has gotten herself free, but there are still those that are trapped, so she is going to do what she needs to do, to save her friend and the other's who are still trapped in that world. Cassis also has to deal with a friend's missing sister, but with a little help from some of her friends and a hot werewolf, hopefully Cassis can take down the slave ring and find her friend's sister. The story is interesting and entertaining, and I liked all the characters; I would've like a bit more depth to the characters, but since it is a fairly short book, I can understand that getting a real feel for the characters may be difficult. There was also a part in the middle that felt a little jumbled to me, but I loved all the action and I loved the play between Cassis and Jake; I'm very interested to see where that goes! This is a complete book, but there's still a lot of story to be told for these characters, and I'm really looking forward to reading the next book. There's a lot of depths still to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment