Sunday, April 23, 2017

Review for Lure of the Dragon by Anna Lowe - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS - AMAZON LINK -

Aloha Shifters - Jewels of the Heart: Book 1

Good dragons? Bad dragons? Twenty-four hours ago, private chef Tessa Byrne didn’t know about the terrifying world of shifters. Now she knows too much, like the fact that a ruthless dragon lord is determined to claim her — forever. Tessa flees to Maui, where sunny skies, swaying palms, and a handsome stranger conspire to play tricks with her heart. Can she truly trust Kai Llewellyn and his band of battle-hardened shapeshifters to save her from a gruesome fate?

"Don’t trust a human, and never, ever fall in love with one." Those are lessons Kai learned the hard way. But Tessa is different. Her emerald eyes mirror the mysterious pendant she wears, and her flaming red hair makes his heart race. Is his inner dragon just greedy for a new kind of treasure, or is Tessa his destined mate?


MY REVIEW -

I love Anna Lowe's books about wolves and I love dragon shifters, so I knew I'd probably love this one, and I was right! Another awesome book! Tessa is on the run from a shifter that was trying to kidnap her; this shifter business is all new to Tessa, so she isn't quite sure what to make of it, so on the advice of a friend, she finds herself in Maui looking for some help from some other shifters, who are supposedly friendlier. Tessa is a tough chick! She's having a lot of crazy thrown at her, and she is handling it very well. Among the various shifters she meets up with, there is Kai, and there is something about him that draws Tessa in, but she doesn't know if she can trust him. Let me tell you, these two create some sparks! Some hot moments between these two! Kai and Tessa's romance is also sweet, and I loved their connection. I loved that we get dual POV's, and I loved all the dragon shifter traits! Love me some fire breathing, high flying, gold/jewel loving dragons! This book is a standalone, but it seems there is a connecting storyline that is going to be going on throughout the series, which I totally love! I'm really looking forward to getting the stories from the rest of the guys! I listened to the audiobook version of Lure of the Dragon, and the narrator did an excellent job! She does male and female voices, and I think she does it seamlessly! Loved this new series from Anna Lowe, and I'm super excited for more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment