Friday, May 26, 2017

Review for Endurance by Amy Daws - 4 out of 5



SYNOPSIS - AMAZON LINK -

Tanner Harris has been busy shagging his way through the ladies of east London, but getting caught by the paparazzi buck-naked with his trouser snake in his hands means he’s sowed his last wild oat.

Dr. Belle Ryan once thought Tanner Harris was the perfect kind of bearded bad boy she needed to relieve a bit of stress after her intense job as a surgical fellow, but an icy cold rejection from London’s sluttiest footballer puts the two at each other’s throats.

Fate and a favour conspire to put Tanner and Belle back in each other’s paths and they’re forced to do a lot more than get along to save face and their careers.

Rage turns to passion and tempers run sizzling hot when they realise they aren’t just falling for each other—they’re jumping head first. And neither have the endurance to keep their hands to themselves.


MY REVIEW -

This was lots of fun! Tanner isn't really my ideal guy personality wise, but I still really enjoyed the story! I also loved that Belle is super sassy! Tanner is a manwhore footballer aka soccer player, whose slutty ways have got him on suspension from his team when he is caught in the buff by reporters, and since Belle was trying to help him out, she too is pushed into the spotlight. Belle's family is high up in the social scene, and they don't want their name to be dragged down, so Tanner's PR team and Belle's family agree that Tanner and Belle should act like they are in a committed relationship and not just a one night stand type of thing to help out with both of their images, but there's just one problem, Belle and Tanner hate each other! Tanner wanted to shag Belle, but when he found out she's the best friend of his brother's girlfriend, he didn't want to cause problems because he's a one night type of guy, so he's been rude and standoffish to Belle, and Belle think his manwhoring ways are disgusting and she was a bit hurt that he past her over after showing some interest, so she has been doing what she can to stay away from him. So, this situation of fake dating is going to be a difficult one for both of them. They definitely have some fiery confrontations, and since they are both attracted to each other and feel like they can't act on it, they take their frustrations out by being mean to each other. And all of this is very entertaining! I'm totally with Belle on Tanner's actions being disgusting, and I never felt like he didn't have much of a reason for it; I found him very immature for getting into the situations he does. I suppose he grew on me a bit by the end, and I like that Belle didn't take any of his guff. This is the first book I've read by Amy Daws, and there were some characters that seemed like they were from previous books, and I would like to read their stories! I listened to the audiobook version of this story, and I liked that there was a male narrator and a female narrator. I wasn't in love with the accents because it felt over the top to me a bit, but that may be because I'm not used to that accent. Looking forward to more from Amy Daws!

No comments:

Post a Comment