Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Review for Freed by Amanda Carlson - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS - AMAZON LINK -

Phoebe Meadows has one thing on her mind: Free her mother.

For the last month, Phoebe has been training in the Valkyrie stronghold readying for battle. But when she stumbles into a secluded valley after a day of grueling practice, she’s given a dire prediction. Phoebe must leave the stronghold immediately with the aid of the giant, Junnal, to rescue her mother from the dark elves. If Phoebe fails, Leela will be transported to a place that can no longer be reached.

Leaving Fen behind threatens to undo her, but Phoebe stays true to the mission. Along the way, she allies with the god Baldur and an old white elf mage. Together, they storm the realm, and with the help of an angry wolf and her Valkyrie sisters, they just might stand a chance to free the valiant shieldmaiden.

But Phoebe soon learns that in order to save her mother, she might lose something too precious to sacrifice…


MY REVIEW -

I'm really loving this series! All the cool magic, and I love the interesting worlds that Phoebe gets to! The Norse angle is still awesome, and I'm loving all of the different characters! I listened to the audiobook version of this book, and just like with the first, the narrator does an amazing job! She does multiple voices for all the men and women, and she also does different voices for each type of creature, such as trolls and light and dark elves! She's really wonderful! In this book, Phoebe is on the search for more information about her parents, and she also needs to train at a Valkyrie camp, so she can survive all of those that are after her. While in search of her mother, Phoebe gets into some pretty difficult situations, and although she can be a bit of a damsel, she definitely has moments of being a warrior. She is too trusting that's for sure! I loved all the new characters that Phoebe runs into! I love that Phoebe and Fen are still going strong at the beginning of this book! They are so sweet with each other! As I said in my review of the first book, I love that Phoebe is in her 20's because I like the maturity this brings to the story, and I love, love, love that there isn't a love triangle! This story has a wonderful romance, but the whole of the story is about Phoebe's quest, and I totally love that! I'm so ready for the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment