Friday, June 30, 2017

Review for Dirtiest Secret by J. Kenner - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS - AMAZON LINK -

It was wrong for us to be together, but it was even harder to be apart.

The memory of Dallas Sykes burns inside of me.

Everyone knows him as a notorious playboy, a man for whom women and money are no object. But to me, he’s still the one man I desperately crave—yet the one I can never have.

Dallas knows me better than anyone else. We bear the same scars, the same darkness in our past. I thought I could move on by staying away, but now that we’re drawn together once more, I can’t fight the force of our attraction or the temptation to make him mine.

We’ve tried to maintain control, not letting ourselves give in to desire. And for so long we’ve told ourselves no—but now it’s finally time to say yes.



MY REVIEW -

Okay, so the beginning of this book I was thinking ewww because...(SLIGHT SPOILER COMING UP, SLIGHT SPOILER COMING UP)...I do not enjoy when the male lead is shown in sexual situations with other women, and this book has that, and I had to skim past those parts, but I loved everything else about this book, so I didn't let that affect my rating. This is a forbidden romance, which I totally love those! And on top of that, the characters were kidnapped and tortured when they were younger, so they both have their issues, and are damaged in ways that are heartbreaking, so there is some dark elements to the story. I love how emotionally charged the characters are, and how they feel so deeply for each other. Dallas and Jane are siblings by way of adoption, and have been in love with each other since they were teens, but they've stayed apart because of the taboo of being brother and sister, but it's painful for them to stay apart; they do what they can to try to forget about each other, but there comes a point when the hurt becomes too much. My heart just melted for these characters, and how much they endure. I couldn't stand some of Dallas' actions, and I really felt for Jane, but you can't stay disgusted by Dallas, and he found a place in my heart. The sex is raw and carnal, and has a kink factor to it. I loved that this book has dual POV's because I really think romances benefit from knowing the true feelings of both characters. Besides the deep connection between the main characters, there are some intense scenes trying to discover information about those involved in the kidnapping of Dallas and Jane. This book definitely kept me reading and reading, and I'm going to go read the next book right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment