Monday, June 26, 2017

Review for Where I Belong by M. O'Keefe - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS - AMAZON LINK -

THE GIRL I LOVED IS THE WOMAN I CAN’T HAVE

It was simple: Pay the debt and I stay out of jail. Pay the debt and I stay alive.

But I sacrificed it all for Beth.

I didn’t pay what I owed. I’m sure punishment is coming, but I can take it - as long as Beth is safe. Away from her mother and everyone else who would hurt her.

I gave it all up for two days with her. And it was worth it.

She always was.

THE SECRETS WE KEEP ARE WHAT TEARS US APART

We’re supposed to be done. Over. Tommy goes his way, I go mine. Cue the heartbreaking music.

I’m supposed to forget him, but I don’t think I can. And when the danger closes in on Tommy, we’re on the run again. From Bates. From my mother. From our past. And there are no safe places to hide.

Except one. And it’s the place that will hurt Tommy the most.

But maybe it’s time for me to face my past. My demons.

Maybe it’s time for me to save Tommy for once.


MY REVIEW -

After reading Lost Without You, I wanted this book immediately! I'm so glad it came out so soon after the last released because I hate waiting, and I wanted to see Tommy and Beth have their happy ending! This book continues right where the last book finished, and I think it's necessary to read the previous book first to get the full picture. Tommy's debt is still hanging over his head, and Tommy and Beth have suffered immensely, their upbringings weren't ideal, and their pasts have affected their current lives. Neither feels deserving of the other, so they don't verbally express what they feeling for fear of getting hurt, but Tommy and Beth need to fight past the facades they put up, and be real with each other, or they could really lose the best thing in their lives; each other. As I was reading, I was thinking there would be more drama from outside forces, but I quickly realized this book didn't need to go that route; this book shows two people fighting themselves to find their idea of happiness. This book is about the characters; their past, their pain, their struggle, and their hearts. The level of passion and connection that Tommy and Beth have is incendiary and intense, but also so sweet. These two steam up the pages! They both love so deeply and completely, and I just wanted to reach into the book and shake them, and tell them to wise up! Love like theirs doesn't come along very often, so stop the B.S. and stop letting petty things affect them, but oh how I loved it all! If you loved the first book, you'll love this one. I love Tommy so much! He's such a sweetheart, and I just wanted to give him a big hug and tell him he's wonderful! Okay, I'm rambling now, sorry! But anyway, loved this book, love M. O'Keefe's writing, and I'm totally excited to see how the others will deal with their debts!

No comments:

Post a Comment