Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Review for Called by the Vampire: Part 1 by V. Vaughn - 4 out of 5



SYNOPSIS - AMAZON LINK -

When Maggie Evans had a heart transplant, she received more than a new organ from her donor. She also got a piece of the woman’s soul and now, Maggie can feel emotions she can’t explain. Emotions that help her decide to take a job for Sebastian Hart in a dark mansion on the coast of Maine. When she gets there, she discovers her heart had a good reason to make her go.
Sebastian isn’t the only Hart brother who makes Maggie’s pulse quicken. His younger brother, Alexander, captures the rest of her. While having her affections torn between two brothers who are her bosses is complicated enough, Maggie also learns the men are far more than they seem. Now she’s trapped in a world she never imagined existed, and it could be the adventure of a lifetime, or a lifetime in hell.


MY REVIEW -

I found the premise interesting. I love the whole weird job in a creepy mansion by the sea scenario, and then throw in vampires and BOOM!, you've pulled me in! Now, this story comes in parts, which I don't love, but I knew that going into reading this, so I didn't have a problem with it, but just wanted to make sure readers knew that, so they'd be aware that they are getting a portion of a story. This book is quite short, but did a good job of setting the story up, and I really enjoyed the authors descriptions, and I enjoyed V. Vaughn's writing. There's a nice suspense element and mystery added to the story with Maggie being naïve about the vampire situation and such. Maggie takes a job with Sebastian Hart without much knowledge of her duties, but Maggie has received a new heart and wants to live life to the fullest, so she is being less cautious with her decisions. When she arrives for her duties, she is surprised to find that there are two Hart brothers, and she feels a connection to both. This story felt a little stilted, and I'm not totally in love with the characters, but I really enjoyed the weirdness of the story and I'm looking forward to part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment