Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Review for Called by the Vampire: Part 2 by V. Vaughn - 3 out of 5



SYNOPSIS - AMAZON LINK -

Maggie Evans loves her new job working for the Hart brothers, because it will allow her to live life in a big way. Unfortunately being attracted to both Sebastian and Alexander is messy, so she decides a nice human boy would be a better idea. When she sets out on a mission to add normal back into her life, the vampires she lives with have different ideas.


MY REVIEW -

I really enjoyed Part 1 of Called by the Vampire, and I also enjoyed Part 2, but not quite as much. Part 2 focused a lot on Maggie making friends from town, and that took away from the sort of macabre feeling I enjoyed from Part 1, but the story is still interesting, and overall, I did enjoy part 2. I was missing the progression of the story from book 1, but this book was still entertaining. You should definitely read Part 1 before this book to get the feel and picture of the whole story. I also liked Maggie's character better in Part 1 because she felt more naïve in part 2, and she didn't feel like a good fit for either of the vampires. The story did pick up towards the end, and I'm really interested to see where the story is going to go, and there's still the mysterious element going on that I enjoy, and we get a little steam in this book, which was nice, but I want to feel more of a connection between the characters; especially Maggie and the vampires, it felt like she's rather blasé about her feelings. I look forward to seeing how this story will play out with Maggie being stuck in the middle of the two Hart brothers, and also her need to be independent. Maggie isn't sure what she wants, and there's lots of secrets to still be discovered, so it'll be great to read where V. Vaughn takes the story. I'm not sure how many parts are going to be part of this story, but hopefully not too many because I don't like waiting for the full story. I'm a I want it now! type ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment