Sunday, July 23, 2017

Review for Hot Cop by Laurelin Paige and Sierra Simone - 3 out of 5



SYNOPSIS - AMAZON LINK -

You have the right to remain sexy.

Anything you say can and will be used to get you in my bed.

You have the right to use my body to give yourself a delirious, life-changing orgasm.

If you have trouble...don’t worry, I’m a bit of an expert in that department.

There’s nothing ‘thin’ about my blue line, if you catch my drift, and trust me, I know how to put those handcuffs to good use.

***

Livia Ward wants a baby before she’s thirty. And even though Officer Chase Kelly is exactly the kind of cocky jerk this librarian has sworn off, he is undeniably hot. Both of them think they can give each other what they want--a few nights of fun for Officer Kelly, a no-strings baby for Livia--but this hot cop is about to learn that sex, babies, and love don’t always play by the rules.


MY REVIEW -

First off, the writing is good, and the book is entertaining. Next, I listened to the audiobook version of this story, and the narrators did a great job, I like that there was a male narrator and a female narrator, and I liked that this book had POV from both main characters. The thing that ruined my enjoyment of this book was that the main characters annoyed me. Livia annoyed me the most, she's baby crazy, she thinks she's dying because she is/almost is 30, most of her actions make me think she isn't very intelligent, and a lot of the time she comes across as a witch with a "B". Now, I get that it's suppose to be a bit comical, but I just found it all annoying, and even the fact that she's a book lover couldn't endear her to me. Chase isn't too bad, but when he mentioned that he may have other babies out there that he doesn't know about, I was just thinking ewww...what a douche! Livia and Chase do have good chemistry, and they have lots of sexy times, but I had a hard time enjoying those scenes because I wasn't liking the characters, but they were still hot; minus the scene at the end. I just think the premise wasn't one I enjoy, so as I said, the writing is good and I was entertained, so there's probably plenty of people who don't mind the characters little "quirks". I'm just not a fan of the baby crazy scenario. I have read other books by Laurelin Paige and enjoyed them more than this one, so I'll keep on reading her books, and since this is the first book I've read by Sierra Simone, I would like to read other books by her to get a feel for her work.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog :)

    Would you mind checking out my book reviews blog at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow? Super excited to read your posts!

    - El

    ReplyDelete