Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Review for Professor With Benefits by Mickey Miller - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS - AMAZON LINK -

Rose:

I’m studying to be a sex therapist, and I haven’t even had sex yet. Which is why I decide that Professor Hanks is going to be the one to take my virginity.
I want Professor Hanks to be my Dom.
Hung Hanks. That’s what they call him. All the students know Professor Hanks’ reputation since he grew up in Blackwell.
Small town high school football star turned Harvard Ph.D. Only in town to care for his dying mother. Too good for ‘local’ girls.
I’ve done my research, and he’s the perfect candidate for what I want. Hot, smart, dominant.
Did I mention hung?

Cole Hanks:

Sixty Days. That’s all she wants from me.
Not even a full semester.
Rose Allison wants me to be her Dom for two months, and then she’s done with me. She wants me to show her how to be the perfect little submissive and then move on.
But the thing is, sixty days isn’t nearly enough for me. Once I get started, I have to finish her.
There’s just one big problem.
She’s a student. I’m her professor. Our romance isn’t exactly in line with school policy.
Sure, you’ve heard of student teacher romances before.
Except this one has an ending no one saw coming.
Not even me.


MY REVIEW -

This book is such fun! I love Mickey Miller's humor and all his unique, quirky characters! Plus, there's some hot scenes with a bit of kink! I love a good forbidden romance, and this one deals with a relationship between a professor and a student, which I really enjoyed! Rose wants to be a sex therapist, but she is naïve in the ways of men, so she asks her new professor, Cole, to help her out in the sex department by taking her virginity and showing her how to please a man sexually; of course, this is strictly for her career, so they'll just go back to their lives after a couple months, and everyone will be totally fine with that! Yeah, right! Emotions always get involved! So, anyway, I enjoyed the connection between Rose and Cole, and I liked that he is only a little bit older then her; I think huge age gaps are what tend to keep me away from student/teacher romances, but this one was just right. I'm not huge on the whole, you're my master type thing, but I do enjoy some good spanking and pushing the limits a bit, so Professor with Benefits hit that mark with me. Rose and Cole have some really sweet moments too! Rose and Cole have a great connection, and I like that they both are a little awkward. There were a couple scenes where I felt like the characters disconnected with each other, and therefore, disconnected with me, and I would've loved to have a bit more depth to the characters, but Mickey Miller tends to write a lighter read, so that didn't affect my rating. I would love if he would write something on the darker side with some angst! But I'm thinking that may not be his style, but one can hope! I really enjoy his take on romance! The town of Blackwell is full of interesting and odd characters, which add some levity to the story, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next book in the series! Excited to see whose next!

No comments:

Post a Comment