Saturday, July 22, 2017

Review for Waking the Watcher by Kim Loraine - 5 out of 5!



SYNOPSIS - AMAZON LINK -

GALEN

Lust.
My ultimate downfall,
And demise.
I'm shackled to a life I can't escape.
A life I never asked for.

Now, I'm trapped--soulless,
Burdened by a Watcher lurking within.
He wants out, he wants her.
But I can't let that happen,
Won't let that happen.

She's mine.

Somehow that doesn't matter.
I can’t have what I crave.
What I want.
What I need.

As the Watcher fights me,
Battles for control,
I refuse to succumb.
It's a power I'll never relinquish.
I can't unleash what lies beneath,
Without paying the ultimate price,
And losing her in the end.


MY REVIEW -

I loved this! It's been awhile since I've read a vampire story that I've totally loved! Kim Loraine's writing is wonderful, and I loved the unique premise for Waking the Watcher. Very interesting and entertaining story with lots of hot scenes! Loved it! I love the whole feel of this book, a bit macabre and spooky! Galen is a vampire, who meets Reese and feels a deep connection with her that he doesn't understand, but he can't help but pursue her. Galen isn't the only one that feels like they want Reese, Galen shares his body with fallen angel, Sariel, who has been dormant inside Galen's mind, but awakens upon Galen's meeting with Reese. Such a cool idea!! Sariel and Galen try to coexist, but everything isn't copacetic between the two, and creates tension between Galen and Sariel, but also between Galen and Reese. Reese is naïve in certain ways, she's naïve to the existence of vampires and she's also a bit naïve about men, so she doesn't know what to make of the intensity of her connection with Galen. The romance is smoking hot, and also very sweet. Galen is intense and adorable! The connection between Reese and Galen really drew me in! I also loved the suspense and mystery aspects in this story! I'm really looking forward to the next book! The story finishes satisfactorily, but there's still more story to be told!

No comments:

Post a Comment