Thursday, August 3, 2017

Review for Called by the Vampire Part 3 - 3 out of 5



SYNOPSIS - AMAZON LINK -

Maggie begins her public life as Kitty Kane, and it's everything shehoped for. People recognize who she is and her fans adore her. Maggie'slife would be a fairy tale if not for Alexander being on the other sideof the country and someone's curious mind -- her friend Lyndsey.

Lyndsey knows something happened the night of Matt's party to make her friendgroup suffer from the longest hangover ever, and she's determined to get to the bottom of it. But snooping in the vampire world hasconsequences, and they are far greater than she ever imagined.



MY REVIEW -

This is part 3 in this series, and the first 2 parts do need to be read first before this one. I really enjoyed the first book in this series, I loved the whole premise, and the mystery with the vampires was great, but I'm not feeling the direction this series is going in. Maggie, who I felt was a strong character in the first book is starting to get on my nerves with how much she doesn't use her intelligence, and the vampires are too stiff; I'm feeling like the characters are too one dimensional, I really wish they had more depth to them. These are really short reads, so I guess there isn't too much time to develop the characters, but being that this is part 3, I was hoping that would've happened, and I don't really feel the direction the author wants to go with the series. It's a bit scattered, this part of the story went off into a direction that takes away from what I enjoyed about the first part. Also, this part felt way too short, I finished and my first thought was that's it?, so the read wasn't quite satisfying. With that all being said, the story is entertaining and does have interesting moments that keep me reading, and I am curious to see where the story goes, so if the price is right I'd like to continue with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment